Olympic champion Sydney McLaughlin of the United States ran a truly astonishing 51.61 seconds to open up her 400m hurdles campaign at the Music City Track Carnival in Nashville on Sunday. It is obviously the fastest time in the world this year and the third-fastest time in history.
Prior to this race, the 400m hurdles world record holder, McLaughlin, had run only one race this year, a 100m hurdles a the Penn Relays in April, which she won with a very solid 12.75 seconds.
Results Women's 400m hurdles
1. Sydney McLaughlin (USA) 51.61 WL
2. Andrenette Knight (JAM) 53.39 PB
3. Gianna Woodruff (PAN) 54.63
4. Cassandra Tate (USA) 54.81 SB
5. Anna Cockrell (USA) 55.48
6. Kimisha Chambers (JAM) 56.28
7. Kaila Barber (USA) 57.93