Leo Neugebauer of Texas scored a world-leading 8131 points to set a massive personal best and to win the Decathlon at Texas Relays 2022 at the Mike A. Myers Stadium on Thursday, March 24.
Neugebauer's smashed his personal best score in the decathlon of 7793 points he set in Manhattan, Kansas, on May 15 last year.
The German sophomore for Texas acquired the lead with a score of 4284 points after 1st day's 400m and never lost it.
It was an excellent opening outdoor season for Neugebauer, who fell to complete the decathlon at Texas Relays a year ago.
Alex Spyridonidis of Auburn, who was in the third position after day one out maintained that place until the final event. Spyridonidis with a very strong run in the 1500m beat Trpimir Siroki of Texas A&M-CC by 17 seconds and pushed Siroki down to 3rd place. Both athletes scored new personal best marks; Spyridonidis tallied 7917 points and Siroki scored 7838 points.
Top results Texas Relays 2022 Men's Decathlon
1. Leo Neugebauer Texas [SO] 8131 points
2. Alex Spyridonidis Auburn [SR] 7917
3. Trpimir Siroki Texas A&M-CC [JR] 7838
4. Asani Hylton Stephen F. Austin [SR] 7671
5. Dallin Vorkink BYU [JR] 7544
6. Kristo Simulask Oklahoma [JR] 7433
7. Grant Levesque Rice [FR] 7219
8. Johnathon Harper TAMU-Kingsville [SR] 7207
9. Benjamin Grosse Connecticut [SR] 7158
10. Phillip Frank Texas [SO] 7070
Elsewhere on Thursday at Texas Relays, the NCAA 800 runnerup Jonathan Jones clocked 1:45.83 in his outdoor season opener. Princeton Olympian Ed Trippas won the men's steeplechase in 8:49.11 while Texas' DMR hero Yaseen Abdalla won the 5000 in 13:48.80.
02 October 2022 08:30 (GMT)
09 October 2022 07:00 (GMT)
09 October 2022 12:55 (GMT)
16 October 2022 07:00 (GMT)
03 November 2022 04:00 (GMT)
06 November 2022 11:00 (GMT)