• Results Seoul Marathon 2017: Kipruto Wins 2:05.54
Amos Kipruto led the Kenyan sweep at the 2017 International Seoul Marathon on Sunday, March 19.
Kenya's rising marathoner Amos Kipruto, who last year debuted with a win in Rome in 2:08.12, clocked a massive personal best of 2:05.54 to claim the Seoul Marathon 2017.
In the second place, close behind Kipruto, finished Felix Kipchirchir in 2:06.03 as Mark Korir concluded the podium with a finishing time of 2:06.05.
This year's edition of Seoul Marathon turned out as one of the fastest in history as total of 5 men crushed the 2:07 mark.
Margaret Agai of Kenya pulled away from Ethiopia's Ashete Bekele Dido in final kilometer to win the women's race by five seconds in 2:25:52.
Mercy Jerotich of Kenya clocked 2:26:52 to take the third place as Ethiopia's Aberu Mekuria, the Hong Kong Marathon winner, clocked 2:26:55 to take fourth place.
Women's results to be posted soon...
Men's Leading Results
1. Amos Kipruto (Ken) - 2:05.54
2. Felix Kipchirchir (Ken) - 2:06.03
3. Mark Korir (Ken) - 2:06.05
4. Norbert Kipkoech (Ken) - 2:06.07
5. Wilson Loyanae (Ken) - 2:06.27
6. Jacob Kibet (Ken) - 2:07.33
7. Victor Kipchirchir (Ken) - 2:08.52
8. Felix Kipchirchir (Ken) - 2:09.56
9. Martin Kiprugut (Ken) - 2:10.43
10. Eliud Karioki - (Ken) 2:13.34