• Willis and Simpson win 5th Avenue Mile
New Zealand's Nick Willis and American Jenny Simpson took victories at the world's most famous road mile race, the 5th Avenue Mile, on Sunday afternoon in New York.
The 2008 Beijing Olympic silver medalist, Willis, used late kick to win his second 5th avenue mile title ahead of Great Britain's Chris O’Hare in 3:54.9. O'Hare clocked 3:55.9 just 0.2 seconds ahead of Norway's Henrik Ingebrigtsen.
Top results Men
Nick Willis, New Zealand 3:54.9
- Chris O’Hare, Great Britain 3:55.9
- Henrik Ingebrigtsen, Norway 3:56.1
- Matthew Centrowitz, USA 3:56.1
- Ryan Gregson, Australia 3:56.3
2011 world 1500m champion Jenny Simpson also used late kick to claim her third consecutive 5th Avenue title in 4:29.1. Shannon Rowbury (USA) came in second in 4:29.4, while Susan Kuijken of Netherland's was third in 4:30.0.
Top Results Women
1. Jenny Simpson, USA 4:29.1
2. Shannon Rowbury, USA 4:29.4
3. Susan Kuijken, Netherlands 4:30.0
4. Heather Kampf, USA 4:30.3
5. Heather Wilson, USA 4:31.8
Congrats to today's top finishers, Nick Willis and Jennifer Simpson, taking #1 in 3:54:9 and 4:27, and great job to all of today's athletes!Posted by New York Road Runners (NYRR) on Sunday, September 13, 2015