Adola clocked 59.06 to break the course record set by compatriot Atsedu Tsegay a year ago. The 24-year old Adola edged on the line the 2014 World Half Marathon champion Geoffrey Kamworor, who finished the event with a time of 59.07 minutes.
Mosinet Geremew of Ethiopia took third finishing after 59:11 minutes.
“The competition was very stiff due to the early morning cold of Delhi. I am very happy to have overcome it,” Adola said the The Hindu after the race.
In the women's race Kenya's Florence Kiplagat successfully defended her Dehli Half marathon title clocking 1:10:04 beating teammate Gladys Cherono, who finished only one second behind.
Ethiopian runner Worknesh Degefa finished third with a time of 01:10:07.
1. Guye Adola ETH 59:06 course record
2. Geoffrey Kamworor KEN 59:07
3. Mosinet Geremew ETH 59:11
4. Cyprian Kotut KEN 59:12
5. Stanley Biwott KEN 59:18
6. Stephen Kibet KEN 59:21
1. Florence Kiplagat KEN 1:10:04
2. Gladys Cherono KEN 1:10:05
3. Worknesh Degefa ETH 1:10:07
4. Belaynesh Olijira ETH 1:10:08
5. Cynthia Limo KEN 1:10:09
6. Lucy Kabuu KEN 1:10:10