Matthew Boling, a junior from the University of Georgia, erupted to a remarkable 19.92 seconds to claim the men's 200 meters at the 2022 Georgia Tech Invitational on Saturday (23).
The 21-year-old standout ran the 200m under the 20-seconds for the first time in his career, despite a slightly negative 0.9 m/s headwind. Boling's time is also a new school record and equals Christian Coleman's third-fastest time this year.
Just last week at Tom Jones Memorial in Gainsville, Florida, Boling dipped under the 10-second barrier with 9.98 (wind +1.6) for the first time in his career.
Boling became only the second man in history to run the 100 meters in under 10 seconds, the 200 meters in under 20 seconds and achieve an 8-meter-long jump. The first was Carl Lewis.
Complete Georgia Tech Invitational Results
|19.92||-0.9||1 (1)||PB FR|
Mid. Tenn. State [JR]
Appalachian State [JR]
Lee (Tenn.) [FR]
Elsewhere, at Micheal Johnson Invitational
Brittany Brown posted a wind-aided 10.66 seconds (+3.2 m/s) to take the women's 100m on Saturday, April 23. In the same race, Gabby Thomas and Tamar Clark ran under 11-seconds, clocking 10.80 and 10.81, respectively.
Women's 100m results at Michael Johnson Classic
1. Brittany Brown Adidas - 10.66
2. Gabby Thomas New Balance - 10.80
3. Tamar Clark Adidas - 10.81
4. Tynia Gaither Adidas - 11.02
5. Ashley Henderson Unattached - 11.06
6. Caira Pettway Baylor - 11.11
7. Ackera Nugent Baylor - 11.13
8. Iyana Gray UT-Arlington - 11.31
9. Sydney Washington Baylor - 11.32
10. Fatmata Awolo Unattached - 11.34