• Abderrahman Samba Sizzles 47.51 to Win Asian Championships 400m Hurdles Gold
Abderrahman Samba smashed the championships record on Monday when he won the 400m hurdles at the 23rd edition of Asian Championships in Doha.
23-years-old Qatari dominated the men's 400m hurdles final with the fastest time this year and new championships record of 47.51 seconds.
I’m so happy about that,” Samba told IAAF, “It’s fast, but I’m thinking about something much faster than this. But yes, it’s a great start.”
"Last year I started with 47.9 and finished with 46.9. This season I started with 47.5 so I want to end with 46.5."
Less than a year ago at Paris Dianond League meet Samba clocked the 2nd fastest time in history of 46.98 seconds.
Results: Men's 400m Hurdles Final
1. SAMBA Abderrahman QAT 47.51 WL CR
2. CHEN Chieh TPE 48.92 PB
3. MADARI PLLIYALIL Jabir IND 49.13 PB
4. HEMEIDA Bassem QAT 49.45 PB
5. ABE Takatoshi JPN 49.74
6. PIRJAHAN Mahdi IRI 50.18 NR PB
7. YU Chia-Hsuan TPE 50.31
8. ALI Mehboob PAK 50.94