• Coleman Opens Season with 60m World Indoor Record
Christian Coleman in his season opener broke the 60m World record indoors with 6.37 seconds at the Clemson Invitational on Friday, January 19.
The 21-year-old Coleman, who won the silver medal for the United States over the 100m at 2017 World championships in London, comfortably clocked 6.47 seconds in preliminary round before breaking the World indoor record in the 60m final with a blazing time of 6.37 seconds.
"Great Start to my career. Thank God." Coleman later wrote on his Twitter page.
The old 60m World indoor record belonged to legendary US sprinter Maurice Green who posted 6.39 seconds during the 1998 indoor season.
Men 60m Final Results Olympic Dev
1. Christian Coleman- Nike 6.37
2. Tevin Hester - Unattached 6.57
3. Warren Fraser- Bahamas 6.69
4. Walter Dix SR - Unattached 6.70
5. Kemar Hyman SR - cayman islands 6.74
6. Maurice Eaddy - Modern Sprints 6.75
6. Dangelo Cherry - Unattached 6.75
8. Zhouzheng Xu- Unattached 7.42