• Dafne Schippers successfully defends 200m world championships gold
Netherlands Dafne Schippers successfully defended her world 200m title on Day 8 at the World Athletics Championships in London.
Schippers held of Ivory Coast sprinter Marie Josee Ta Lou to win the world championships gold in 22.05 seconds. Ta Lou, who claimed silver in 100m earlier this week, finished in second in a new national record time of 22.08 seconds.
Meanwhile Shaunae Miller-Uibo, the 400m Olympic champion, of Bahamas came in third in 22.15.
Schippers have won two world championships golds and two world championships bronze medal and an Olympic silver medal. Her first world championships medal was the bronze in the women's heptathlon she won four years ago in Moscow.
Women's 200m final results
1. Dafne Schippers (Netherlands) 22.05
2. Marie Josee Ta Lou (Ivory Coast) 22.08
3. Shaunae Miller-Uibo (Bahamas) 22.15
4. Dina Asher-Smith (Great Britain) 22.22
5. Deajah Stevens (United States) 22.44
6. Kimberlyn Duncan (United States.) 22.59
7. Crystal Emmanuel (Canada) 22.60
8. Tynia Gaither (Bahamas) 23.07