• Adola Sets Dehli Half Marathon Record 59.06
Ethiopia's Guye Adola smashed the course record to win men's race while, Kenya's Florence Kiplagat took the win in the women's race at the 2014 Airtel Delhi Half Marathon on Sunday.
Adola clocked 59.06 to break the course record set by compatriot Atsedu Tsegay a year ago. The 24-year old Adola edged on the line the 2014 World Half Marathon champion Geoffrey Kamworor, who finished the event with a time of 59.07 minutes.
Mosinet Geremew of Ethiopia took third finishing after 59:11 minutes.
“The competition was very stiff due to the early morning cold of Delhi. I am very happy to have overcome it,” Adola said the The Hindu after the race.
In the women's race Kenya's Florence Kiplagat successfully defended her Dehli Half marathon title clocking 1:10:04 beating teammate Gladys Cherono, who finished only one second behind.
Ethiopian runner Worknesh Degefa finished third with a time of 01:10:07.
1. Guye Adola ETH 59:06 course record
2. Geoffrey Kamworor KEN 59:07
3. Mosinet Geremew ETH 59:11
4. Cyprian Kotut KEN 59:12
5. Stanley Biwott KEN 59:18
6. Stephen Kibet KEN 59:21
1. Florence Kiplagat KEN 1:10:04
2. Gladys Cherono KEN 1:10:05
3. Worknesh Degefa ETH 1:10:07
4. Belaynesh Olijira ETH 1:10:08
5. Cynthia Limo KEN 1:10:09
6. Lucy Kabuu KEN 1:10:10